Answers You Need from Your Insurance Agent
If you’re choosing an insurance agent, it’s important that you know what questions to ask an insurance agent so that you choose the right one that will best fit your needs. In this article we will examine questions to ask your home insurance agent and your auto insurance agent. If your agent can’t answer these questions, it’s a bad sign and you shouldn’t choose them. Your agent should always be fully transparent with you. In order to make sure you have all the information you need to make the right insurance decision, here are 30 questions to ask your insurance agent.
Questions to Ask Your Home Insurance Agent
- What is included in the policy?
- What is not included in the policy?
- How much would it cost you to rebuild your home in its current location and condition if it were a total loss?
- How much will you need to replace all your personal belongings if they are destroyed?
- Are rates affected by construction type?
- How much liability coverage will you need if something happens away from or on your property?
- Do you qualify for any discounts?
- Are rates different for different locations?
- Are there deductibles?
- Under what circumstances do these deductibles apply?
- Are items like computers or jewelry limited in coverage?
- Is mold covered under certain situations and is there a limit?
- Should you add earthquake or flood insurance?
- What extended or additional coverage can you purchase?
- Is umbrella coverage available?
Questions to Ask Your Auto Insurance Agent
- What coverages will you need?
- What optional coverage should you consider buying?
- If you have an accident, will you be able to have the repairs done at your shop of choice and have the full bill paid?
- Will the policy pay to repair the vehicle with genuine OEM (original equipment parts)?
- Will the insurance company depreciate repairs to the car based on the year or mileage?
- Will purchasing a brand new vehicle have an effect on the insurability and cost of your policy?
- If depreciation is a factor, will you get a reduced rate for insurance as the car gets older?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If so, how much?
- Will your rates increase when you get to a certain age?
- What will the insurance company pay you if the vehicle is a total loss and how is that number determined?
- Do you have coverage for a rental vehicle if your own vehicle is in repair?
- How much money will you save on your premium with a higher deductible?
- Is the quote the total costs or will there be hidden costs?
- What affect does your credit history have on your insurance?
If you need help finding an insurance agent, ask the experts at Avante. We will help you find the best insurance options for your needs and budget. Click here to learn more about getting insurance and questions to ask your insurance agent.